Delicious Recipes with Edible Flowers
Flowers are popular know as a source of aesthetic appeal. But that is not the only thing that flowers do offer. Some flowers have curative properties while others are edible. For instance calendula is a great source if medicine. Did you that flowers can be used to make quick and delicious meals? You can make delicious and special salad with edible flowers. Just a few petals can turn your dinner to something very impressive. Not many have the slightest idea that flowers can be edible let alone cooking them. So, here is a brief guide to eating flowers. Also below us a list if some edible flowers recipe, but before we learn what flowers to eat let’s discuss some basic rules for edible flowers recipe
Rules for edible flowers for edible flowers recipe;
- Only eat the flowers that you are very sure they are edible.
- No all Flowers that are served with food are edible
- You should not eat flowers from a florist or a local flower nursery unless you are very sure they never used harmful insecticides on them. In short eat only organic flowers.
- Eat organic flowers only
- You should be cautious when eating flowers if you are asthmatic or allergic. Not eating them might be a good idea. Also if you have fever eating flowers is not a good idea.
- Eat only the petals. Not all parts of a flower are edible; you should remove stamens and pistils from edible flowers prior to eating them.
- Edible flowers picked from the road side are not safe for human consumption. Some flowers can endanger your health.
- Some flowers are poisonous, avoid eating them.
- Feed on flowers like the way you introduce new food diets to a kid, one flower at s time in small quantities.
- The same flower type can taste different when grown in different locations.
- Edible flowers
The list of edible flowers is very long from allium to Borage.
- Bee balm
Edible flowers recipes
- Infused vinegars
- Syrups and jellies
- Beverages, meads, wines
- Flower butter
- Dips and spread
- Soups Garnish and color
There are numerous flowers out there that are edible, seek for guidance from a local florist or flower nursery to know which flowers are fit for human consumption. Also you can go through the list above to know some edible flowers out there. Imagine making an Egg salad with flowers. Not only will it be tasty and colorful but nutritious too.
You should always remember that all edible flowers are actually not edible; the edible flowers that are most fit for human consumption are the organic flowers. It is always recommendable to feed on edible flowers from your own home garden, since you will be able to control the amount of insecticides used on them and sometimes you can use other methods of controlling insects and pest like crops trap. Flowers Dublin edible flowers are actually edible for the use pesticides labeled for food production on their edible flowers. To confirm this, you can order flowers Dublin.